PADI Freediver Course | Catalina Island
ALL INCLUSIVE PADI Freediver Course held at Catalina Island!
- 90 Second - 3 Minute Breath Holds
- 10M/33FT - 20M/66FT Constant Weight Dives
- Blackout Prevention & Recovery Techniques
- Proper Diving Techniques
Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver Course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
We do recommended coming into the shop prior to your pool session to get fitted for a mask, snorkel and fins to take into the ocean to get familiar with equipment to get the most out of the course.
Before Pool Session - eLearning
Saturday - Pool Sessions in San Juan Capistrano or Irvine
Sunday - Ocean Sessions at Catalina Island!
Younger than 15?
- 12 year olds and older can enroll in the PADI Basic Freediver Course
- 8 years olds and older can enroll in the PADI Skin Diver Course
The PADI Freediver Course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver Touch™
- Confined water session to learn breath-hold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds to 3 minutes and dynamic apnea of 25 meters/80 feet.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight free-dives', plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 meters/33 feet to 20 meters/66 feet.
AFTER THE COURSE
Once you have successfully completed the course your instructor will treat you to lunch at a local Catalina Island restaurant.
In the PADI Freediver Course, you learn to use a mask, snorkel and fins, wetsuit and weight belt.
Full Rental Equipment is included in the course fee, but we recommend coming into the shop to get fitted for your own mask, snorkel and fins.
Available upon request.