PADI Advance Freediver Course | Catalina Island
Designed to refine and improve your freediving skills, allowing you to progress slowly while learning how your body performs during apnea (suspension of breathing).
CATALINA ISLAND - BOAT INCLUDED!
To enroll in a PADI Advanced Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old and have a PADI Freediver certification (or a qualifying certification from another freediver organization). You also need to have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
The PADI Advanced Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about advanced freediving techniques and equipment. You’ll study independently using the PADI Freediver eLearning (or your instructor may conduct class sessions if not available in your language).
- Confined water session to learn stretching and relaxation techniques as well as refine static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 2 minutes, 30 seconds (2 minutes for freedivers younger than 18) and dynamic apnea of 50 meters/165 feet (40 meters/130 feet for freedivers younger than 18)
- Open water sessions to practice deeper free immersion and constant weight freedive's, along with additional buddy procedures and rescue techniques. Goal – constant weight freedive of 20 meters/66 feet (15 meters/50 feet for freedivers younger than 18)
You need to have a freediving mask, snorkel, bi fins, wetsuit and weight belt. Your instructor may allow you to use mono fins. You’ll also need a surface signaling device and a freediving computer (or depth gauge and timer).
Check with us about the gear you’ll use during this course and get advice about what you need from your PADI Advanced Freediver Instructor.
- 2:30 - 3:30 Breath Hold
- 20-30 Meters / 66-80 FT Depth
- Blackout Prevention & Recovery
- Proper Diving Techniques
- Please contact course instructor Eric Martin directly 949-535-4585 Ext. 3
Private courses are available upon request.