If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive; experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
Get your scuba diving certification with Los Winds Dive Shop! We certify with the PADI Open Water Scuba Diver course. The world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course.
- Once the course is paid for students will receive eLearning ($195 Value) and a call within 24-hours from their PADI Instructor to answer any questions.
- Each student will need to review the eLearning material before the first pool session and will be expected to pass a knowledge review test in person during the first pool session.
- Students will then meet with the Scuba Instructor at the pool location for 2 pool sessions ($100 Value) which will complete the confined water portion of your certification.
- The following day students who’s successful completion both pool sessions will take the Dana Point Flyer to Catalina Island ($85 Value) for two of four ocean sessions.
- After successful completion of 2 ocean dives at Catalina Island student will schedule the last two ocean sessions based of local conditions.
- Once the last two ocean sessions are completed our instructs will email a temporary open water scuba certification card for immediate use while permanent cards are mailed to the address provided during registration.
Gear is not included in the course fee, but rental gear is available at the shop * special pricing for students*
We highly recommend purchasing your own mask, snorkel and fins if you do not already own a good pair, but this is not a requirement.
If you would like to purchase your own scuba gear before the course, please check out out recommended scuba diving packages.
10 years or older
Able to swim; medically fit for diving
Approximately 8-15 hours
*No prior experience with scuba diving is required*
Do you have more questions?
Call us (949) 303-0835