PADI Open Water Scuba Diver Course
If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive; experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
Get your scuba diving certification with Lost Winds Dive Shop! We certify with the PADI Open Water Scuba Diver course. The world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course!
*TBD - Final Local Ocean Session Dives BASED OFF CONDITIONS
- Once students have signed up they will receive eLearning ($205 Value) and a call within 24-hours from their PADI Scuba Diving Instructor who will be your main point of contact during your certification course.
- Each student will need to review the eLearning material (8 hours) before the first pool session and will be expected to pass a knowledge review test in person during the first pool session.
- Students will then meet with their Scuba Instructor at the pool location for 2 pool sessions ($100 Value) which will complete the confined water portion of your certification.
- The following day students who have successful completion both pool sessions will take the Catalina Express ($85 Value) to Catalina Island to complete 2 ocean sessions.
- After successful completion of 2 ocean sessions at Catalina Island students will schedule the last two ocean sessions TBD based of local conditions and availability (Ideally the following week or weekend)
- Once the last two ocean sessions are completed our instructors will email a temporary open water scuba certification card for immediate use while permanent cards are mailed to the address provided during registration.
Scuba Diving equipment is not included in the course fee, but equipment is available to rent at the shop *special pricing for students*
Please note: we highly recommend purchasing your own mask, snorkel and fins if you do not already own a good pair, but this is not a requirement.
If you would like to purchase your own scuba gear before the course, please come to the shop to check out out recommended scuba diving packages.
- 10 years or older
- Able to swim; medically fit for diving
PADI eLearning (Home) 8-12 hours
Pool Session (Irvine) 6-8 hours
Ocean Sessions (Catalina) 9 hours
Ocean Sessions (Local) 4 hours
Do you have more questions?
Call our Head Instructor! (310) 963-5082