PADI Open Water Scuba Diver Course
ALL INCLUSIVE- SEMI-PRIVATE COURSE (4 PPL MAX PER COURSE)
ALL DIVE GEAR & AIR INCLUDED!
If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive; experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
Get your scuba diving certification with Lost Winds Dive Shop! We certify with the PADI Open Water Scuba Diver course. The world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course!
Our course is structured for those who want more hands on instruction. We max out our classes at 4 participants instead of the normal 8 or 12 other shops offer.
We use private pools for best training before entering the ocean. We offer 3 open water dives at Catalina Island and your final open water dives is held at a local beach so all our students are well rounded divers.
- Once students have signed up they will receive eLearning ($216 Value) and a call within 24-hours from their PADI Scuba Diving Instructor who will be your main point of contact during and after your course.
- Each student will need to review the eLearning material (8 hours) before the first pool session and will be expected to pass a knowledge review test in person during the first pool session.
- Students will then meet with their Scuba Instructor at the pool location for 2 pool sessions ($100 Value) which will complete the confined water portion of your certification.
- The following day students who have successful completion both pool sessions will take the Catalina Express ($100 Value) to Catalina Island to complete 3 ocean sessions.
- After successful completion of 3 ocean sessions at Catalina Island students will schedule the last ocean sessions TBD based of local conditions and availability (Ideally the following week or weekend)
- Once the last ocean session is completed our instructors will email a temporary open water scuba certification card for immediate use while permanent cards are mailed to the address provided during registration.
Please note: we highly recommend coming into the shop to get fitted for your own mask, snorkel and fins if you do not already own a good pair, but this is not a requirement since a full set of rental gear is included in the course fee.
If you would like to purchase your own scuba gear before the course, please come to the shop to check out out recommended scuba diving packages.
- 10 years or older
- Able to swim; medically fit for diving
PADI eLearning (Home) 8 hours
Pool Session (Irvine) 6 hours
Ocean Sessions (Catalina Island) 9 hours
Ocean Sessions (Laguna Beach) 4 hours
*No prior experience with scuba diving is required*
*Course is non-refundable and must be completed within one year of purchase*